Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just put a Gardner stock system on the 66...... so I switched from the Race pros to Violators this weekend on the 69 , to make up for the lost noise :D
Here's a couple sound clips Ryan & I made... and yes I had to give him the "do as I say...not as I do speach";)
Anyway it's Dynomax Black jack Ceramic coated headers 1-3/4 primaries with 3" collectors to a pypes 3" x pipe system through 3" violators down to 2-1/2" tails. I like them...not as loud as I thought they would be:cool:
Whata ya think???

·
Premium Member
15,332 Posts
Than thing sounds great. It might have been good to have video showing you coming back to pick him up though. :D
You car sits kind of tall. Are those the stock springs?

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
Sound pretty awesome.:thumbsup: Especially for a patriots fan.
You had to go and ruin a cool thread and mention the patriots. :)

Sounds great Seb, the first thing I'm changing on this new GT is the exhaust, well the mufflers. Going to put Flowmasters on as soon as I can.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I like it a lot!!!! I've been thinking about going with the 2 1/2" Pypes Violator version for my '69 SBC...maybe I need a 3"...I dont think my 355 will sound like that anyway...

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
Sounds great Seb,
Is that Roast Meat Hill Rd.?
LOL
(a little geographical humor I think only Seb will get)

BTW what cam is in that thing?

·
Registered
978 Posts
That sounds awesome! I have 3" Race Pros on my El Camino but now I'm wondering if I should have used the Violators instead! Thanks a lot! :)

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Wish more would post similar vids....thanx......a real break from the mundane here at work.
Nice car....nice scenery...nice sound....now all we need is a pretty girl in the background and we have found utopia.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds great Seb,
Is that Roast Meat Hill Rd.?
LOL
(a little geographical humor I think only Seb will get)

BTW what cam is in that thing?
Nope... Roast Meat's the next town over;)and Chris answered your other question.:thumbsup:

Seb,sounds great! That Comp XE284 is thumping away!
Wish more would post similar vids....thanx......a real break from the mundane here at work.
Nice car....nice scenery...nice sound....now all we need is a pretty girl in the background and we have found utopia.
Well, No daughters here:noway:.... maybe I'll try to get my wife in the video;)

·
Premium Member
7,454 Posts
Ya know Seb.. I am never sure about your commitment to the 66 Club...:sad:

You start a Post by saying you installed one of the BEST exhaust systems on your 66 ... GARDNER.....and then you don't provide sound clip for it.. you provide clip for a 69 :confused: The world is just going to the dogs :yes:

I may have to reconsider renewing your membership in the Mike Crown Fan Club :p

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ya know Seb.. I am never sure about your commitment to the 66 Club...:sad:

You start a Post by saying you installed one of the BEST exhaust systems on your 66 ... GARDNER.....and then you don't provide sound clip for it.. you provide clip for a 69 :confused: The world is just going to the dogs :yes:

I may have to reconsider renewing your membership in the Mike Crown Fan Club :p
Well Mike... you should be able to tell my commitment to the 66 club if you look closely in the garage during the idling clip.;)
But funny you mention it, Ryan said last night we should do something with the 66, he's thinking more of a looks than sound clip , as he thinks the 69 is cool sounding and couldn't believe how quiet the Gardner system is on the 66. Personally I love the sound of both:yes:they each have their own purpose. :D ;)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Sounds very nice. It doesn't have the rasp most x-pipe systems that I've heard have.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts