Chevelles.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to just try something to get me thru the summer.

Owned Chevelle for over 30 years and miss my SS stripes. (Yes will change and paint again)

Anyone used or tried vinyl SS stripes?

Pros?
Cons?

Who sells these?

Thanks!
B

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have the vinyl stripes since my paint guy doesnt do stripes. Rear is easy but the cowl hood is a pain! Tried getting some quotes from some professionals to do it but they were asking like $500 bucks so I tried it myself. My drivers side hood has a slight crease in it but I bought a replacement set for when I feel brave again. Pros is it's way cheaper than paint, many different options as far as colors, easy to change up. Cons- hard to install on the cowl and vinyl doesn't last forever.

I bought mine off eBay. The seller was from Illinois and they were about $140. If you end up using them just make sure to ask them for full length sail panel stripes. Mine were a little short to begin with but they gladly sent a longer set. Haven't gotten around to installing yet. Also if you end up trying to do stripes yourself, don't get too worked up if there is bubbles. Leaving the car in the sun for a couple of days seems to work them out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts