Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put the Vintage Air kit in my 69 elky and now I don't have enough depth clearance for my 70 model am/fm radio!
It has a huge heat sink on the back that my original 69 am only radio does not have. Obvious question is.....can I remove the heat sink without a problem? 2 to 3 hours would be the max the radio is on at a time. Oh yeah....there is this shiny round thing about the size of a quarter on the heat sink, too. Has a blue wire and a yellow wire going to it from inside the radio. Looks important. Probably need that, right? The am has one, too, but it's mounted on the back of the radio.

------------------
My Elky
Arkansas Classic Chevelle Club
My Webpage

Danny Wooldridge
Member #1129
Aces #5044

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Taking a stab without seeing it. Sounds like the power output transistor for the radio mounted on the heatsink. Radio won't work without it. Radio may last about 5 minutes without the heatsink.

·
Premium Member
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch! Guess it goes up for sale. Just spent over $100 at the radio shop getting it working good. With me, a/c will win out over fm every time, though. Thanks John.

·
Registered
59 Posts
you have about the same setup as mine, and i put the hidden audio system in mine, installed behind the seat in the tool tray...made a neat install, still looks factory, and pretty good sound

1 - 4 of 4 Posts