Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting a teardrop trailer to tow behind my Camino for maybe the last 5-8 years. I recently realized I might not be so comfortable as I'd like in that due to a bit of claustrophobia. I still want to stay small, it will likely be just me. Anybody have an early Shasta or other recommendation? Pictures?

Devin

· Registered
1968 El Camino, 327, M20, 'Glass tilt front, Jag IRS....
887 Posts
Why I have an aluminum topper for my El Camino. ;)
Aluminum for 68 are a bit rare so took a while to find one.

· Premium Member
14,701 Posts
You defintely want a bit more cubic foot inside than a teardrop. I hate sleeping in "subs" myself for some reason.

PS RIchard/SIA, I have this notion of a custom cap for our "new" 64 elky some day.

· Premium Member
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't want to do a canopy, I like the idea of being able to disconnect at a campsite or beach and get away for the day. I'd like to be able to throw my surfboard in the bed and tour the coast for a week or more at a time without having to seek out a hotel every night, or go inland when the weather is crappy here along the coast. I was thinking something vintage would look cool, but Jim, you're right a modern camper is going to be better made and not need everything restored.

Devin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.