Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to order me a vintage air system for my 67 chevelle it has factory AC but most of the parts are missing i was wondering f anyone had installed this system on a 67 and ho complicated was it. i sure would welcome pics sure would like to see how it looks under the hood. also how is the AC hose routed into the cab do they go tru the firewall or tru where now the evaporator core goes Thnxs for any help

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Ron,,have it in one of the 70 cars,,works great,,had to pretty much redo most of it after it was installed,, I can send pics if U think they will be close to the same

------------------
<LI> ACES Charter member # 0073 <LI>TEAM CHEVELLE # GOLD 009
<LI>70 White L78 4 speed car / 70 L34 color 75 automatic/A/C car (notice I still cant say the color :) )
www.members.home.net/northern/bowties

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Our brother-in-law used a Southern Air (Former Vintage Air Employee?) kit for his '70 Camaro, and he loves it.

Team Members Forever.

Richard and Judy White, MAXX2

------------------

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have installed a Vintage Air system on my '67 Chevelle, and I can say that it was one BIG pain in my rear. I'm sure that if I knew what I was doing, it wouldn't be as bad as it turned out to be. As far as the hose routing, I'm assuming that the kit's for an A/C car vs. a Non A/C car are very similar, if not the same. The system I have basically replaced everything from the stock heating system except the control arms. The heater box is replaced with a plastic cover, and all of the hoses are routed through this to the ENTIRE unit, which is mounted under the dash, you'll have to add a couple of switches to the control panel, and re-route some new control cables, you'll even lose one, i believe. Keep in mind, this is with a Non A/C car, so yours could be different. I don't have mine charged yet, so I can't say how well it works, but it is completely installed. Reply to my e-mail, and I'll try to get you a couple of pictures, it may take a day or two though.

·
Registered
423 Posts
In the Technical Reference section of this site there is an article covering my installation of a Vintage Air system in my 64. (if you have any specific questions, feel free to e-mail me direct)

Although I wouldn't call the installation a "breeze", I think it's about as straight forward as possible for the amount of work that has to be done.

The issue of what is required for an original AC car or non-AC car should be taken up directly with Vintage Air. As an example, if the kit is for a non-AC car, the hook up at the control levers would be different. There may also be differences at the firewall that would complicate the installation. Get it clear between yourself and Vintage Air BEFORE ordering the kit.

------------------
Wes. Vann
Technical Reference section
Gold Member #5

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.