Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Nothing before 1981. NCRS can locate the selling dealer on some

·
Administrator
17,082 Posts
David ,what car?
Where was it assembled?
Post the VIN - maybe more there than your aware of.
Also the trim tag.
Post pics of both.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Here is the info I found in april 2015 on ebay; ebay-041915 seller: dwrw1. Thanks for posting the body tag. Depending on the state it was originally sold in you may be able to check with the department of motor vehicles and obtain title history for it, many states do not release the info but some do you just have to get the right person and they may have a fee. Each state is different but it is sometimes worth the effort. As mentioned the NCRS report is a good source for the original dealership it was transferred to but if that dealer traded it to another dealer it will not help much. The info from the NCRS report is the same as the certificate of origin GM used when transferring the chevelle to the dealer. good luck, Andy

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Its a Kansas City built car. IF by chance it was ever titled in the state of Kansas, you can get all title history back to new.
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
How can I do this. I have a 66 Kansas city car I need the history on. I'm looking for my grandmothers 66 396 4speed car from back in the day. I have a vin of a car forsale that matches the description and story. PLZ HELP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts