Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Down the road I may try a Victor Jr intake on my 408sbc. I see they make a few styles including on the is cnc port matched to a FelPro 1205 gaskets. My current AFR 195's are a perfect match to the 1205's. Has anyone tested the cnc version vs the regular one??? Its only like $30 more...would it be a noticable gain with the port matching??

·
Premium Member
6,426 Posts
I had a stock team g paid 250 to have it gasket matched to my heads witch are gasket matched to edelbrock intake gaskets for a big block I havent ran it yet so cant tell how much it gained if any. I will watch this to see. but in my opinion 30 is cheap for a gasket match

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I think if you need a larger intake than the jr. ,just step up to the super victor. I have heard nothing but good about the super on nasty big cube smallblocks.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jason.....Only thing is my motor is pretty tame and I was told by a few guys that had Super Victor's they were very lazy in the lower rpm ranges with poor fuel distibution. My cruise rpm's are appox 2500 or so.

·
Banned
10,053 Posts
I like the Dart or Brodix intake BUT i have been told by many people with that use a dyno and not the track like i do, The World intake makes more power than all "out of the box" intakes

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Jason.....Only thing is my motor is pretty tame and I was told by a few guys that had Super Victor's they were very lazy in the lower rpm ranges with poor fuel distibution. My cruise rpm's are appox 2500 or so.
Ok , gotcha ! In that case a team g is a better choice IMO , the t-g has alot smaller runners ,and i dont think you will notice any lack of bottom end . a 1 inch spacer helps transition alot on these intakes as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts