Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am baffled. Is it ok to buy chrome valve covers without baffles for my big block?
They are the AC Chevrolet covers and one does have a hole for the PCV valve. The other one only has a oil filler hole. The stock covers on the car have a breather hole. Do I need to have a breather in both covers? I can't thank you all enough for all your help. This place is great!!!!

------------------

·
Super Moderator
13,143 Posts
Bob,
You have to have a means for air to flow through the crankcase. If you have a pcv valve in one valve cover, you have to have a breather in the other. Otherwise the pcv system will create a vacuum in the crankcase. As far as baffles go, you definitely should have one under the pcv valve. It also helps on the breather side.
You could always put a breather in the oil fil hole and solve the problem, unless it is the twist in type oil filler, in which case, no happenings. Hope this helped some.

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Putting a breather in the oil filler hole is a perfect solution for the cover opposite side of the PCV. Thanks.

------------------

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.