Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea what year they made this 327? It has the valve covers that have writing on them saying Chevrolet and the oil filter is a cartridge. I know you can tell by the engine code but I haven't got it out yet and it is a greasy mess!! Just a approx. year.

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
341 Posts
How about somewhere between 1962, the first year for the 327, and 1968 which was the last year for the cartridge oil filter..Get the id off the block and I'm sure we can nail it down.

------------------
Team Chevelle Gold #33
ACES Member #02913
Chevelle Club of Michigan
Livonia, Michigan

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
I'm taking a bit of a stab at it, but I think the only year that the 327 came stock with the Chevrolet script was '67, which was also the last year for the cartridge type oil canister. Prior to that 327s had valve covers that had a bit of a valley running lengthwise and a rectangle in the center where the 327 decal went. 1968 versions were smooth without lettering and used spin on filters. 1969 had the oil filler cap on the valve cover (no more filler tube on the front of the intake)and revised accessory mountings (alternator mounting etc). Also after 1967 they only used the closed PCV system (available in California since '66 models) which meant no more breather type oil filler caps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.