Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to adjust my valves and I can't get a socket on the 5/8" nut on the top of the rocker arm. It doesn't fit between the sides of the rocker. I have Comp Cams roller TIP rockers on my small block with Edelbrock heads. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to use? Thanks in advance.

Dave

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
You may have to buy a 12 point thinwall socket. Even a cheap one is strong enough to adjust valves. Just don't try and break bolts/nuts loose with a cheap socket unless you like the sight of your own blood.

·
Registered
13,151 Posts
I agree, I have had this same problem with their rockers on one of my SB400s. You need a THIN cheapy socket!

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
I had the comp cams roller tip on my 70. For this 406 I bought the Crane roller tip rockers. They look like a stock rocker, have a long slot and the roller tip. I'll let you know how they work after I get the engine built.

·
Registered
622 Posts
For REEEEAALLL thin as I have needed in the past - I chucked a short 1/4 drive extension in a drill added a 1/4 to 3/8 adapter, and installed a socket, then held it against my grinding wheel with the drill turning. Eventually, it will get as thin as you need.

------------------
Gotta have a Chevy !In Durham N.C.
Make it look the way you like it, forget what the other guys say! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.