Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is kind of a two part question. 1. Do I install the rear Valance before the I install the bumper, or after the bumper is in.
2. On one of the quarters, inside, does not have the little channel iron for placing the valance and its fairly smooth in there, do I just weld the channel iron in, using the same measurements thats on the other quarter with the channel iron already placed.
If you need a picture, i can add it, later.

the car is a 72 malibu.

thank you.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The bumper goes on first and valance bolts too it at the license plate bracket,as for you second question pictures would help I'm not sure what you mean.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
everytime i try and post a pic i get the little red x..
I added the pics to photobucket. just click my sig and its the first 3..

first pic is off an old valance, channel iron piece
second pic the passanger side (flat side no channel iron) or whatever its called.
third pic is the drivers side quarter, with the channel iron in.

Thank you for the bumper advise. seems to make sense now that someone says it lol...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ahh i see what your talking about, I take it you reapired that pass. side drop off? Its supposed to go in flush with the quarter skin behind the valance. looks like your going to have to cut an acess hole or re- desighn your patch panel to be able to get the valence screw in there. heres some pics of what the drop off should look like, i just replaced mine. The R side doesnt have that little iron thing your talking about but my L side does ( one was made by dynacorn, the other... who knows ) Frankly you dont really need that piece. Good luck. - Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.