Team Chevelle banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in another thread that the PCV should be plumbed by itself and should never be T'd into anything. I looked at the set up on my 454 and saw that the PCV goes from a port in the intake manifold behind the carburetor to the passenger's side valve cover. Then I saw that the line connected to the TH-400's vacuum modulator is T'd into the middle of the the PCV hose.

The transmission works fine. As far as I can tell, the PCV works although the engine does consume a quart of oil every 600-800 miles. Is the vacuum modulator being T'd into the PCV hose increasing the oil consumption?

The front port of the Edelbrock carb, the one usually reserved for the PCV, is blocked off. Should I connect the PCV to the front of the carb, and then connect the vacuum modulator to the intake port behind the carb?

·
Premium Member
7,604 Posts
The front port of the Edelbrock carb, the one usually reserved for the PCV, is blocked off. Should I connect the PCV to the front of the carb, and then connect the vacuum modulator to the intake port behind the carb?
That's what I would do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts