Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get the vacuum hoses for the heater control panel with air conditioning on a 1969 chevelle 396,also the routing information for them,my heater control only has 3 connections for vacuum hoses not the one with 8.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hi David -
It's been a while since I re-did mine, but I believe I just used regular vacuum line as you would for you vacuum advance. As far as routing, I think the Assembly manual has a diagram, but one connector will go to the source vacuum, the second will go to the water shut-off valve leading to your heater core, and the third is split between the flapper valve in the cowl and the one in the passenger kick panel.
jim

·
Registered
551 Posts
David -

I was able to dig-up a copy of the diagram. The section circled in red is where it connects to the heater control. The original hoses were color coded so you could follow the path, but if you replace with regular vacuum hose this should help you figure out how to route. Middle connector will be your vacuum source which should come off your intake and go through a vacuum canister, and then to the heater control. Two outer connectors go to the flapper valves and water valve. I would recommend testing with the heater control valve out of the dash as I originally reversed two of the hoses and had to switch them. I've attached the file as well so you can keep/print a copy for your records.

jim

Rectangle Font Engineering Parallel Urban design

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts