Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks for all the compliments !! I really like the sound, and the craftsmanship is an art piece. My next step is to get the extensions ceramic coated like the headers and install an Air/fuel gauge. I’ll have two sensors. One in the street set up and one for the track extensions.
Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Been quite sometime from my last post. Life has been busy. I’ve done quite a bit of work to the car. I’ve installed the driveshaft and set the pinion angle for the final time. Added a BMR anti-roll bar. Worked on mocking up the front and rear ends. I’ve started to wire lights which include wiring the Digi-tail LED boards and Fesler bezals and dash instrumentation. I’ve began mock up on some inner fenders I’ll do out of aluminum. I’ve never used a bead roller so I’ve practiced a bit. I’ve wired my line lock to the shifter and over all progress is continuing. I’ll work on the trans brake next and will continue working on the inner fenders. Next would be front end wiring and then glass. Should be good for road testing soon. We are in winter here and have snow so road tests will come during dry times. Hope you enjoy the up date.

Cheers!!

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So... been some more time away working on the car. New windows are in and wiring is pretty much wrapped up. Car is registered and on the road as of last week. Now it time to work the bugs out and tune it on the street. Hope tjhis links works to a short clip of some fun.

youtu.be/G_CB-Uqsr4M

You’ll have to copy and paste into a URL I think.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Cant view your video. You have it in "Private".
Also trying using the "INSET" icon next to the right of the smiley face. Hit the drop down arrow and click on the MEDIA and drop the URL address in the box.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Been a while once again. Life gets in the way of posting. Car has been driven a little bit and works really well. I put in a master power shut off on the bumper and got my roll bar installed. I’m really happy with the way it’s coming along.
Cheers

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Had a little vacation over the holidays and added my parts to the car. Arms and coil overs were done up front with tubular adjustable lowers and DA shocks added to the rear. Over all the project went well.
Cheers!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Made myself some templates and then cut some metal for my package tray. It will be wrapped in padding then leather once done. Making a little more progress.
Cheers
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
Well, wasn’t so happy with my rear shock mounts I made. So I ordered Global West coil over brackets to use instead. I talked to Scott there who said they had brackets for the 12 bolt. Well I have a Strange S60 under the car hit uses the 12 bolt brackets… That said, the new brackets had to be modified ever so slightly but seem as though they will work. I’ve done the right side so far. Tomorrow the left will get completed. I have a test snd tune session next Sunday and I’m really trying to get it there.
Edit…. Got both sides done and worked out well. Haven’t tackled the cross bar as I’m on my back doing this stuff so I’m a little worn out. Added a couple pics to this post.
Cheers!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Well… I’m going to the March Meet this week in Bakersfield with a non tested combo. Hopefully it all works out. But working on last minute things. Changed the plugs and oil and removed the exhaust for my header extensions. The exhaust seems pretty heavy and the car was running a little rich.. so the extensions should help. Will be running VP110. Should be a fun time…. and a learning experience.

Cheers

21 - 40 of 61 Posts