Team Chevelle banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,311 Posts
Chris,
I am pretty sure if it was insured, you can go to the USPS web site and put in the insurance number and find out. Your Post Office should be able to tell you anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
As far as I know, there's no way to know unless you had chosen the 'Delivery Confirmation' option. The only thing the insurance is any good for is if the person who receives the shipment says it's damaged.....and even then, you have to be able to prove that it was properly packaged (highly subjective) to begin with.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Not that I'm aware of. I sent a braided stainless steel line with AN fittings to my brother last Monday. He lives 100 miles away. USPS still has yet to deliver it. My bro called the local post office by him and they said since I didn't buy "delivery confirmation", there's no way to track the package. What a hose job. There went $50 in parts. I won't be using USPS to send packages again. Going the "hand delivery" route next time :yes:

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Call/stop by the local Post Office....

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Sorry Chris, I am not sure, probably as others have stated, stop by the post office.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
package arrived..almost 2 weeks from CT to IL :rolleyes:
I'm sitting at a week for the package to travel 100 miles. It's a straight shot down one highway (99) and the postal service can't even figure out how to get there. I walked into the post office I sent the package from and they said it'll show up to the destination at some point or it will be returned to me. I like when he said "if you had gotten delivery confirmation, the system would at least say 'in route'." Yeah, that really tells a lot about where the package is!

Sorry for the hi-jack.

At least your package made it to the destination.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I'm sitting at a week for the package to travel 100 miles. It's a straight shot down one highway (99) and the postal service can't even figure out how to get there. I walked into the post office I sent the package from and they said it'll show up to the destination at some point or it will be returned to me. I like when he said "if you had gotten delivery confirmation, the system would at least say 'in route'." Yeah, that really tells a lot about where the package is!
Post office is lying about their delivery confirmation process. With delivery confirmation they only scan the package when it's mailed and when it gets delivered, any other time between when it's mailed and when it gets delivered, it could be in Timbuktoo for all they know.

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
I have had a couple things shipped to me from the USA by USPS. Each time they delivered quite fast I thought and they don't charge the crazy brokerage fees that UPS does.
I had a part shipped to me last Friday from Vancouver by Greyhound. I should have had it Saturday but still don't. Not their fault , the trans Canada highway was closed out west all weekend because of mudslides. Sheeesh. Just can't win :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.