Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this topic has been beaten to death but. I would like to run on my 66 SS 15x8 steel wheels and using stock "dog dish" hub caps, while keeping it stock looking. what cars had wheels that I could use to do this:confused:

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also forgot to say I will be using stock style 69-72 front disk brakes, and using stock drums in the back

·
Premium Member
8,123 Posts
Sorry if this topic has been beaten to death but. I would like to run on my 66 SS 15x8 steel wheels and using stock "dog dish" hub caps, while keeping it stock looking. what cars had wheels that I could use to do this:confused:

None that I ever found ......you will need to the wheels custom made for a true stock look .....Wheel Vintiques has a version that works

·
Registered
18,902 Posts
the only 15X8 steel wheels i know of were the rally's on 70's Corvettes, and the 80's/early 90's pickups.
the pickup wheels won't work because they are a 5X5 bolt pattern, and the dog dishes won't work on them or the Vette wheels anyways.

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how about any other size wheels. I would like to stay with 15" they dont have to be 100% looking correct but close

·
Premium Member
8,123 Posts
how about any other size wheels. I would like to stay with 15" they dont have to be 100% looking correct but close

If not concerned about correct look , cheapest way is the Wheel Vintiques from Summit someone here just bot a set for same use

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
If not concerned about correct look , cheapest way is the Wheel Vintiques from Summit someone here just bot a set for same use
Bill,
That would be me. :waving:
I have a pair of 15x8" and a pair of 15x7" plain steel wheels that accept dog dish caps on order thru Jegs from Wheel Vintiques for my '66 wagon.
Both wheels are offered in a 4 1/4" BS and have been on order for nearly a month.
Item 939-62-5834044 is the 8" wheel and cost about $70 ea.
Item 939-62-5734044 is the 7"...cost $67 ea.

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are they the 62 Series wheels?

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok I like the sound of these wheels. if I get 4 15x7 wheels what offset and backspacing do I need?

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You've only got one choice...a 4 1/4" BS...as I've noted above.
Thanks for all the help. :thumbsup: :beers: now all I got to do is find a nice set of hub caps:yes:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Bill,
That would be me. :waving:
I have a pair of 15x8" and a pair of 15x7" plain steel wheels that accept dog dish caps on order thru Jegs from Wheel Vintiques for my '66 wagon.
Both wheels are offered in a 4 1/4" BS and have been on order for nearly a month.
Item 939-62-5834044 is the 8" wheel and cost about $70 ea.
Item 939-62-5734044 is the 7"...cost $67 ea.

Does anyone make these in aluminum?? -or is it not worth reproducing in aluminum??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts