Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I recently converted my 69 to a 4 speed I've got the harness for the neutral start switch just hanging around. Now, I've got a jumper wire in there so that it thinks the switch is in neutral all the time. I'm wondering if I could put a small switch in there to disable starting the car. Could someone hotwire the car if that switch is off (thinks its not in neutral) ???

------------------
1969 Caprice (It's not an Impala darnit!)
427/M-20 Finally!
12-bolt 4.10 Posi
13.45 @ 105

1966 Caprice
396/325 TH-400
15.38 @ 97.4

Andy and Nick's Muscle Car Half-way House

·
Registered
813 Posts
I am putting a kill switch in my car that works on this idea.
It splices into the wire form the neutral safety switch, so that when the kill switch switch is off, it is like the neutral safety switch isnt activates, so it wont start.
And i'm pretty sure it cant be hotwired with this either.

-Matt

------------------
1971 Malibu 350/TH350 (soon to be 383/4 speed)
"DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!"

CAR

ENGINE

·
Gold Founding Member
63,798 Posts
Might slow someone down a little but everybody knows how to crawl under and jump the solenoid's bat cable post to the purple wire post
(or even do it from under the hood for that matter)

Maybe that and a few other tricks too such as a hidden swhtch that completes a ground circuit to the coil's neg. terminal or a switch that sends a ground circuit to a relay that breaks the main power circuit coming from the horn relay or maybe one the kills the power to an electric fuel pump

Always park "backed in" so a tow truck can't lift the rear tires off the ground or keep the steering wheel locked in a turned position maybe

And check out Wes Van's hood lock in the reference section

------------------
Dean Call
Team Gold member #3
A.C.E.S. # 00235
Mid America Chevelle Club #001
chevelles.net
My 69

ACES/Midwest Chevelle Regionals

Don't point a finger - lend a hand

·
Registered
13,120 Posts
I prefer sleeping in the car with a brick.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
348 Posts
If they want your car, they will find a way. Fuel shut-off is the best. GPS tracker will get the car back.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I think best anti theft device is set of full wheel cover hub caps! Nobody would give the car a second glance...until you started it

------------------
1969 Nova SS 350
406/M20/3.55
13.68 at 105

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.