Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need advice on buying a used set of slicks.

I have been wanting to try a set of slick on the car for a while, and have a chance to buy a used set so I was wondering what to look for.
From the pictures I have seen of them they are on F**D rims so I know they have not been abused :). They are M/T 28x9x15

If these work out and the car likes them..who know a new set may be in order :D. Or at least a set of Drag Radials.

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Hey Shaun
I sold my Hoosier Quick Time Pro's they would of done the trick for you. I just bought a set of 275/60R-15 MT ET Street Radials , I am skeptical about using drag radials , since I have had good luck with a wrinkle wall type of street tire , but I hear nothing but good stuff about these. Plus they plain look kewl also.

Dave

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/Dave427/SAVE00802.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave I am going to run it a few times I hope.

Just got back and they were beat. Looked like all the wear was on the out side. Side walls were still soft but really did not look as if there was much tread left on them. Wear holes were about 1/16 or less and not uniform. As mentioned the inside ones were different than the out side ones. Also scuffing on the out side edge of the tread which may have been chords, I doubt that but decided to just walk away.

BTW it was not the F**D that abused them it was the 69 gto with a 500 caddy that did the abusing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.