Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently looking for a set of inner fenders for my 69 Chevelle. Are the Repro inner fenders identical to the originals? If I can get a set of new repros for the same price as a used set of originals which one should i get? I don't want to have problems bolting the repros in. Thanks..

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I bought 1 and have not installed it yet but it looks like the real McCoy. 149.00 at Harmon's Chevrolet.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
do you want the plastic or metal?

\Dan

·
Gold Founding Member
5,822 Posts
From past experience Im very leery of repro sheet metal. If you can find good originals I would definetly go with them.
Ron

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm looking for a set of metal inner fenders. If the repros have all the necessary holes and bolt up nicely them I would go with them. If not, then I would rather go with used originals. Thanks..

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
In previous posts the inners from Muscle Factory have gotten good reviews but I have not tried them yet. So far, I have installed 2 sets of original used parts and found that ease of installation is always unpredictable. Even removing an inner and putting it back on the same car can be very easy or very difficult to line up. It seems pretty weird. There must have been some clever way to make these go on easily in the factory or else only about 100 Chevelles per year would have been built!

·
Registered
115 Posts
PUI offers GM liscensed steel inner fenders for $99 each! No one can beat that price! If you don't have a PUI catalog, then just look in a Hot Rod or Car Craft issue for an advertisement and a phone number! They also offer free shipping for orders over $250!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I just went through this deal of looking for inner fenders for my 70 Monte Carlo. Two years ago a bought a set of plastic ones from a PLACE in Illinois, but didn't open the box they came in until time to put them on the car..1 year later. The parts were total crap!! And the PLACE I bought them from wouldn't exchange nor take a return. Got hosed for $255.00
I ended up putting in metal inner fenders that were for my 72 El Camino (yes, they fit!) so I replaced them with Muscle Factory stuff..looks good but haven't put them on the car yet.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry about the reply above, PUI doesn't offer the GM licensed steel inner fenders, the Muscle Factory does. I called them and they offer free shipping on orders over $250 (not sure if this includes oversized items). The part numbers for the inners are

IF001 LH SIDE ...... $99.95
IF002 RH SIDE ...... $99.95

the number to call is 1-800-762-0317

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info Hugh... This will make it easier to order if I decide to buy them since I don't have a catelog...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Used-used-used-used! There is no such thing as a reproduction part that fits! I have purchased A LOT of repro parts for my 67. over 80% require modification or will not fit at all!

Used is 500% better. Pay double for used and spend 1/3 the time installing.

I know nothing about repro wheel wells however. Luckily mine were in good shape.

------------------
Jameel Qazi
#'s 67 SS

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
I just purchased and successfully installed metal, repro inner fenders (left and right) w/o any problems or fabrication. This is for my 71 El Camino. I purchased the parts from our site sponser...Ground Up. $99 per side.

-stu

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.