Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my 65 upper control arms are stamped left and right. They look identical. I just put the left arm on the right side. Completed everything on the right side, then noticed it was the left upper arm. Do I have to.switch them?

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Yes, they are not the same. Why would the factory go so far as to mark them if they were universal?

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I apologize to you. I was angry that I put all this work into it and then realized I must rework it.

Edit: You don't need to apologize, veteran member should have known better than to post that. --Tom

Welcome to the site, sorry you got that comment. We try to not have that sort of thing here. But, anybody can have a temporary brain [email protected]

Please fill out your profile info when you can, at least your general area.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
They are mirror opposites, if you assemble them on the opposite sides you will never get your alignment correct. Caster will be way off. Removing the uppers is an easy fix if the car is supported by the lower control arm. Then all you need to do is drop the shock, break the ball joint loose, and remove the nuts and possibly take out the 2 bolts on top. Obviously you knew deep down the answer to your question, I didn't mean to come across so bluntly.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Yes, they are not the same. Why would the factory go so far as to mark them if they were universal?
Wow, help the guy out.

You might also mention the lowers are different also.

Sway bar hole goes to the front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts