Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to upgrade word 2000 to the latest version of word. The machine has Vista Ultimate. Should I purchase an upgrade version or get the full package.
Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
831 Posts
The best deal is Microsoft Office Home & Student, with Word, Excel, Powerpoint and OneNote. You can get it from Amazon for about $90, or from a local store for $130 or so, and you can install it on 3 of your own computers. Microsoft Word upgrade by itself is harder to find and costs about the same.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Troy,
I installed M-O Home&student. Now I cannot view any documents whatsoever. Did I do something wrong when installing?

Thanks,
Jon

·
Premium Member
19,754 Posts
Personally I don't care for 'upgrades' of any software. If you ever need to reinstall the software, many times you have to install the original first and upgrade it again. Just extra work.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Personally I don't care for 'upgrades' of any software. If you ever need to reinstall the software, many times you have to install the original first and upgrade it again. Just extra work.
I agree:thumbsup:

·
Registered
510 Posts
I agree:thumbsup:

actually you dont need to install the old software first, the upgrade disk just needs to verify that you have the disk. it will ask you to stick the old disk in to verify that you have met the prerequisites for the upgrade software.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts