Team Chevelle banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
If you are asking........
I thought the chrome 18's looked way better.
I dont think the black wheels with yellow lettering do anything to improve the look of your car. sorry but don't like it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think you made the right choice, the chrome wheels were the whole focal point of the car. the black wheels and yellow letters give a new look to the whole car. Something to be said for simple appearance. Great looking car.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
I may be in the minority here, but I like it! It's differant and looks cool. What wheels are they(15")?

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
The updated pictures are in my cardomina page.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/582321

I got rid of the 18" wheels and stuck to the 15" wheels. Painted my old wheels black, added some new BFGs and gave them a bit of Nascar twist by painting the white letters yellow.

What do you guys think?
What size were the front and rear 18" tires before the switch to the 15's?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The reason I went to 15" wheels was so that I can take my car out to Irwindale drag strip, which up to now, havn't yet. While the 18" wheels were off, I ended up selling them, So now, i'll stick to this wheel combo until I get a new paint job then I'll go with a 18/20 wheel combo that I regret not doing since the begining.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
The reason I went to 15" wheels was so that I can take my car out to Irwindale drag strip, which up to now, havn't yet. While the 18" wheels were off, I ended up selling them, So now, i'll stick to this wheel combo until I get a new paint job then I'll go with a 18/20 wheel combo that I regret not doing since the begining.
What were your 18" wheel and tires sizes?

·
Registered
234 Posts
How ofton do you have to "paint" the white lettering?? Ive done this on my Chevelle as well, (front tires now since I had to throw big tires on the back since I lifted it) but I havent drivin it enough yet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How ofton do you have to "paint" the white lettering?? Ive done this on my Chevelle as well, (front tires now since I had to throw big tires on the back since I lifted it) but I havent drivin it enough yet.
I used an oil based Sharpie paint marker. I'd say I give em a touch up once a month because my car isn't garaged so the paint tends to fade a little.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOVE that look! thats exactly what i wana do with mine, what kinda rims are those (black wheels) and tire sizes etc. thanks

The rims are factory 15" aluminum camaro iroc wheels. They are originally that aluminum color but I sprayed them black. The rear tires are BFG 275/60/15 and fronts are 225/60/15/ The rear tires kind of buldge out of the rims because the rims aren't too wide ( about 7 - 71/2" wide )

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
love it, always loved the nascar wheel look, hell im tempted to paint my american racing wheels, the polished aluminum is just wayy too hard to maintain on a daily driver :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.