Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Solved my no-power problem from this post, thanks to help from Elree Colby: http://www.chevelles.com/forum/Forum22/HTML/001820.html

However, I wired something goofy because short of pulling the fuse, my wipers are constantly on.

Any suggestions on how to track this down would be greatly appreciated, as always.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
One of the motor wires is shorted to ground or a bad switch. Sent a picture of the switch to your email showing which wire is which.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
A little more awake now.
If is a park style wiper motor, there is a possibility that it's the motor itself. There is a contacter inside of these but only peeked inside of one some years back. Do know it sometimes makes it act like a bad switch. Either won't turn on or won't turn off. Mine would not turn off. Ended up buying a rebuilt motor from Kragen.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a park style. Thanks for the update, something else to check.

It's also possible I wired something wrong with my switch to gauges from idiot lights. I was running on the assumption that the wiring harness was untouched back to the fuseblock, which could be a bad assumption.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts