Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had my bubble busted first thing this morning. I finally got to talk to the owner of the car. He says he believes it to be a true SS but he has no documentation. The 454 engine is a 72 year model. It's had a body off restoration and all interior is new. Motor is not stock. Has a steel crank, Eagle rods and Keith Black pistons. Now for the real pisser. He wants $14,500.00 instead of the $4,500.00 that was on the windsheild. Someone had wiped the 1 off for a prank I guess. Some things are really too good to be true.
Jody

------------------
jodysss396 (or Jody)
1969 Chevelle SS396
Fathom Green
Numbers Matching
TC member #921
A.C.E.S. #4348
Jody's 69 SS396

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey, Danny. Good to see other posters from God's country of Northwest Arkansas. By the way, I have an original 1971 LS5 car.

Is there any kind of Chevelle/El Camino club located nearby? How about shows that would feature Chevy musclecars?

I know there is a club in Tulsa, and I think Mr. Hightower has one down around Ft. Smith. Maybe we need to start our own local club. I have seen several Chevelles/El Camino's in the area.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey 71LS5. The only car club I know of here is Klassy Kruisers. They only allow 1966 and earlier vehicles. They seem to be mostly street rodders. I've been told they feel that muscle cars draw too much attention from their street rods. I asked here to join locally but they won't budge on the 1966 cut off. I do wish we had a club for us here in Arkansas. Does'nt seem to be many Chevelles in my area.
Jody

------------------
jodysss396 (or Jody)
1969 Chevelle SS396
Fathom Green
Numbers Matching
TC member #921
A.C.E.S. #4348
Jody's 69 SS396

·
Registered
173 Posts
Why don't you two start the club? Who knows you may become great friends, you'll eat alot of good breakfasts, and ten years down the road you will be the proud founders of a chevelle club with hundreds of members. Plus you get to name it. "cool"

·
Premium Member
2,909 Posts
Jody and 71LS5.....I'm up for it. We got all winter to organize! We're on opposite ends of the state so we should be able to cover it. Plus there are other Arkansas TC members spread around that might be interested.

71LS5....you got mail.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm game! Tell me where we start or what I need to do.
Jody

------------------
jodysss396 (or Jody)
1969 Chevelle SS396
Fathom Green
Numbers Matching
TC member #921
A.C.E.S. #4348
Jody's 69 SS396

·
Registered
824 Posts
Jody, and all other fellow Arkansans, we have several Chevelles that run around here in the Jonesboro area. Wish you guys could come over to this side of the state. We have excellent Sunday 1/8th mile racing at the world famous George Ray's HotRod Wildcat Dragstrip over in Paragould. They also have a 1/4 mile track over in Newport, but it's gone downhill pretty bad. Check out George Ray's at www.geocities.com/georgerays12345
We also have the NEASRA, which is the Northeast Arkansas Street Rod Association which is open to all lovers of muscle cars, street rods, etc. If ANY of you guys would like to talk, feel free to drop me a line at
[email protected]

By the way, I have a 70 Chevelle daily driver, a 66 project car, and a very stripped down 69 parts car. I can talk Chevelles till I'm completely sick of it. No, wait....that's impossible.

------------------
Justin Wray
Fathom Blue 1970 Malibu daily driver
1/8th mile best of 8.95 on street tires. 1/4 mile equivalent is 13.96
Still tuning for 8.30 in the 1/8th or 12.99 in the 1/4. Whichever comes first.....

·
Premium Member
2,909 Posts
OK guys. I posted a new thread over in TC Cruiz-ins to see how much interest we have in the club start-up. Titled "Attention Arkansans".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.