Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an under dash 8 track player for my 69 chevelle at the swapmeet. It is complete but missing the mounting brackets or tabs. It is an original GM unit from 69. Does any one know how it mounts or what the bracket looks like,or does any one have one for sale. If possible if you have one and do not whant to sell it could you make me drawing of it showing the size hole location ect. of the bracket. Thanks for the help in advance.

------------------
CRUISER

·
Registered
27 Posts
the assemble manual shows the location and a rough drawing of the bracket. I have been looking for one of those mytself. Lucky find!!! My car originally came with an 8-track but the original owner took it off and threw it away. You'll also notice in the assembly manual that the ashtray was modified with a handle rivited on to it so you could open it with the 8-track underneath.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys
I forgot to look in the assembly manual,now I hope that SS will get the time to send me a drawing of that bracket.Thanks SS!!! The player is in good condition I don't know if it works but, that will not really matter much it will be for looks. I hope to have it look correct as possible. Any more help out there?? By the way I only paid $15.00 for it.

------------------
CRUISER

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cruiser........
I spent an afternoon digging through boxes in storage. (found some great parts that I forgot were there), just didn't find the box with OEM stereos in it. Sorry, I know it's still in there, and will find it for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.