Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UMI Performance Cruise In & Autocross- August 11-12th, Philipsburg PA

UMI's 6th Annual Cruise In Car Show has some great changes for 2017. It is now the UMI Cruise In and Autocross. It still features our fun Saturday evening Cruise in but now has two days of autocross.

Where: Philipsburg, Pa

When: Friday and Saturday August 11th and 12th.

This years event will feature two days of autocross along with a Friday evening open house at the UMI plant, Saturday evening annual Cruise in car show and a cruise through downtown Philipsburg.

Registration for the 2017 autocross is now open! See the link below for details.

Also if you are just attending the Saturday evening Cruise In Car Show there is no need to register. Just show up like always.

Link has details and a schedule- UMI Performance Cruise In ? Autocross registration now open!

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
Ryan

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Re: UMI Performance Cruise In & Autocross- August 11-12th, Philipsburg

Sounds like fun. I think the best way from Greensburg,Pa. is 22 & 99 to Bald Eagle, The 350 through the woods. To your place. Its a two hour ride. See you on the Sat. Morn. Look for a geeser in a Red, 1970 SS 468 Chevelle Sta. Wgn.
Where in Phillipsburg are you located?
Bob

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts

The wagon is not designed for A-Cross, It is my highway cruiser with over 36.000 miles on the wagon, Since it went together. The bottom has all new suspension front & rear, Stock type. Gas front shocks, New Moog parts in upper & Lower powder coated arms. 1-1/4" front bar, Jeep S. Box. Rear has Stock boxed arms, O.E.M. rear bar. New factory Superlifts, Frame braces & a 12 bolt.
I built the 468 with torque in mind, NOT ,H.P. It has an Over the counter Chevy cam. Goes down the road a 73 M.P.H. in cruise spinning the 468 at 1950 RPMs and always 19-20 MPG. A/C not engaged, Drops 1-2 MPG with the 100% R-134 conversion with the 70-72 OEM. perfect fit Paralell flow Cond.
Thinking about a 64-72 four door or post car. Doing nothing to the exterior or interior. Just the 40-50 year old patina. With good suspension and a 6.2 driveline. That would be a fun car.
Bob

·
Vendor
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Bob,

Sounds great! Hope to see you there. Saturday you can check out and watch some autocross then cruise over for the cruise in car show. It's a good time. We will try to keep this thread updated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts