Team Chevelle banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope someone can help out--I have bought alot of items and have sent a U.S. postal money order(in U.S. funds) from here in Ontario,Canada-bought an item from a store in Ohio and sent a U.S. postal money order and they are telling me their bank won't cash it unless they pay a $20 processing fee.Sounds like a scam-so if anyone has recieved an U.S. postal money order from one of un crazy canucks-where do you cash them-the post office or your bank-thanks and keep on cruising---Dave.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I've sent and received U.S postal (green) money orders with no problems

·
Premium Member
8,123 Posts
Sounds like the bank the seller uses is charging to cash the MO I usually send a US fund bank draft ......but as others have said no reason a US postal MO should cost $$ to cash

·
Super Moderator
13,358 Posts
nf,
I just cashed 2 of them today at the Post Office. Also, my bank takes them in a deposit just like any other check. Have never paid any fee for it.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I purchased a CD off a member here with a U.S. money order, and his bank charged him a similar charge for 'processing'. Have made many other purchases through Ebay with same type of money order without any such problem. Must be a bank to bank thing? I guess some of them think they are not making quite enough off of us as they should be. They are as bad as the oil companies for raping us.
Sorry, couldn't help venting
Dunc

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
I do a lot of business with Canadians, Europeans, and Aussies in my Ebay store. I have never had a processing fee charged, and have never had any problems with cashing a US Postal money order. Have him cash it his post office, it could be a bank policy, and it may be legit.

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
I've only gotten a couple over time and usually take it to the post office since it's closer than my bank. I had one occasion to get a money order drawn on (I believe) a Canadian bank and my bank wanted something like $20 and a 10 working day wait.

A lot of people don't like PayPal but I've had nothing but success with it. They charge a small fee but I can accept money from anyone/anywhere with it. :)

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Postal money orders are one of the safest ways to send currency. You can find post offices all over the world. You can cash a postal money order at any post office as along as they have the funds. This is to include international and domestic money orders with not fee attached.

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Did you buy a Canadian Postal Money order in US funds? I have had this happen to me before. I now send a note with it saying to cash it for "no charge" at any US Post office as they have an agreement with Canada Post. The US banks (all banks in any country) are out for the cash grab. Canadian Post Office money orders are drawn on a US bank and should have no fee attached.

For US senders in to Canada there are two types of Postal Money orders. The pink type (international) which cost a bit more but are cashable in Canada. The green type (domestic) cashable only within the USA and territories. This is a bummer if you get one and won't be entering the USA any time in the near future.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I have used international money orders purchased at the US postal stations for Canadan purchases. They cost about $5.00 more than the green money orders.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts