Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
It's been one of those weeks and I need to vent a little. I'm not angry, (anymore) just a little frustrated.

Problem #1: Bought a junk yard engine for a V-6 Dodge Ram. The old one was abused and the guy threw a rod through the side of it. Got the "new" engine and put it in. When I go to start it, the shifter linkage came loose and the neutral saftey was out of place. I fix that and hit the key. Why do I smell gas? The fuel rail is bent and spraying gas all over the engine compartment. Get that fixed and it finally starts. .......two blown head gaskets and a bent valve. .......****.

Problem #2: My Dodge truck that I just got, had a bad transfer case when I got it. I payed $500 for a junkyard piece. Works great. Now I can see that the transmission has no reverse, and won't shift out of 1st. I get my trans rebuilt. ($700 and I pulled it out and put it back)) Now it has reverse, but still won't shift out of 1st. The computer got stupid somehow and refused to tell the trans to upshift. The guy just called to say it's done. I can't wait to see how much it was to reprogram my computer.

Problem #3: I waited my time and payed my money to get the title for my Corvette. The title came today. .......In someone elses name. Wonder how I'm gonna have to fix that one.:(

Problem #4: I went to haul some junk cars on Monday. I worked all day, and watched as they used a back hoe to ram 6 wrecks on my trailer. I went to unload them and watched as the operator ran over my new Warn winch with one of the cars, shoved my truck forward 5 feet against the park pin three seperate times, and squashed the suspention on the trailer by pushing down with the forks on the loader instead of carefully working them under the cars. The deck on my trailer is wrecked, my truck needs a new trans (definately coming this weekend, man) and I have to replace the mounts for my solenoids on the winch. Oh, the truck needs brakes now, too. About $500 worth of damage. What did they pay me? $20! I was helping out a friend to haul these cars. He made it right. I got my money back from him. Now he has to get his money back from the people. They made $2000 in scrap that day, and felt no shame giving me $20 for my efforts. So much for the "good christians" they claimed to be all day long. Hell, I burned $100 in gas. It'll take at least two days to shrink my steel deck back into shape and fix everything else that got ruined.

You can't win 'em all. ...but one would be nice.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
:angry:

Can only get better.:yes:

My week was great!!!

I applied for CSUSB and applied for graduation at the community college I attend.:beers:

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, some good came out of it. Yesterday was the worst day. (as far as work goes) I've been training with my wife for when she goes to basic training. We're trying to get her in shape so it's not such a shock for her. It was a run day yesterday. We ran about a mile and a half. When we got back home, I needed some time to myself so I kept running. I made it another four miles before I called it quits. I also did 50 push ups before we left and 20 when I got back. Mind you, I wasn't healthy enough to stay in the Army! I wonder how healthy I have to be before they reconsider? I also bribed the recruiter. I told him I'd put a 350 Chevy in his Mazda pick up if he could get me back in. I'm dead serious about that, too. He said he would, let's see how serious HE is.

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
The scrap yard should be held liable for the damage they caused.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The scrap yard should be held liable for the damage they caused.
I tried to say something, but I got the ole', it must've been like that already. We didn't do that! What ever. I saw you do it, you'll never unload anything off my trailer again. Let me fix it and forget it. It'll be cheaper in the long run than trying to take them to court. Besides, hauling scrap cars to the recycle yard is not my regular line of work. I was only trying to help out a friend. I usually tow cars for my shop, or a couple of the car lots around here. Another trans, some heat, some water, some welding, some grinding, some painting, some new bushings and I'll be good as new again.

What bugs me the most is having to clean up all the other messes before I can fix my truck. I should get to it by next week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts