Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed this yesterday..
I was driving at night and noticed that the left turn signal indicator was glowing..
Not blinking or something.. only glowing slightly... sometimes brighter and sometimes dimmer.. not as bright as it does when i actually blink though... much weaker.

help?

edit:
I mean inside the car..

------------------
Shai
1972 Chevelle Malibu custom 4dr
Site updated June 22nd.
[email protected]
TC GOLD member #1278

[This message has been edited by ChaosMalibu (edited 07-19-2002).]

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Shai,
You have a bad ground on either the front or rear left directional lamp socket. On the '70's this is very common at the front directional sockets because they are grounded through the bumper and are exposed to all kinds of road salt, etc. Maybe someone with a '72 will chime in here and tell us where the front socket is grounded on your car.

------------------
MalibuJerry350
TC Member #1279
Original owner '70 Chevelle.
580,000+ miles on car.
Hey, if it's got wheels, DRIVE IT!
My Chevelle: http://hometown.aol.com/erie614/myhomepage/index.html

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Unlike the 70, the 72 socket has a seperate ground wire. In the front they are tied to the core support. That doesn't make them much better. I've already replaced both my rear sockets. If it is a socket problem, you really don't need a "72" socket to fix it. The later years used a black socket with the same kind of "three fingers" to hold it in. If you need a socket find something like that and put a bunch of silicon rubber around the rear of it. Works fine for years. Even if you are planning to drive in snow.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts