Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my turn signal doesn't work to one side,I've changed the flasher and checked all the blubs. On my 69 malibu any answer to my problem

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
1, You did change the flasher can under the dash and not the one in the fuse block. The one in the fuse block is for the emergency flashers.
2, Do the emergency flashers work? All the bulbs light up?
3, When the one side isn't working, what's it doing? Some bulbs light up? All bulbs light up? No bulbs light up?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I would check my grounds first.Then check to see if getting voltage.If not getting signal on font and back of car.Then I would unplug the steering column harness make sure is clean and not oxidized.But its probably in the housing.Do you get the click when shifting.Pull steering wheel,horn contact.Look and see if dirty inside clean could be just the contact on that side is oxidized just have to scrap on it.

·
Premium Member
6,740 Posts
Originally posted by Dean:
How would the horn contact effect one side of the turn signals?
That would be if you have the optional horn button activated turn signals. Blinks when you push the button on that side of the steering wheel. :D Actually I think he meant to remove horn contacts to gain access to the turn signal switch, maybe.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Can you guys keep the yuk-yuks over in Bench Racing?...or at least make sure the poster knows you are a-funnin'. This is mystery stuff to a lot of people.

·
Premium Member
6,740 Posts
Originally posted by John_Muha:
Can you guys keep the yuk-yuks over in Bench Racing?...or at least make sure the poster knows you are a-funnin'. This is mystery stuff to a lot of people.
Sorry John, will do. I tought my post was obvious, but maybe not.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Sorry was trying to say to pull the horn contact assembly to gain access to the switch assembly to clean the contacts or see if broken.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
No my fault,love messing with wires.Just as important as mech.stuff.Not much of a talking person so I tend to be to condenced.Don't know alot about the stuff,learn something everyday.

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
Well, we need to make it easier not harder. We get a little carried away with ourselves sometimes. Luckily, John usually keeps us on track. ;)

We in this forum agree with you, the electrical system is vitally important and can be VERY confusing when things aren't working right.

G-Rod, where do you stand with your problem at this point?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you for all the info. It helped me find the problem,It was a dirtet connector next to the battery that goes to the right turn signal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts