Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turn signal switch went south, so I bee bopped down to the local auto parts store, but first I called and got... "ya! sure we got one"? will it's not for a 70' chevelle (SS) any ideas?? or a part number?? we have Schucks, Auto Zone and NAPA here locally, or do I go to Chevy?? I am not happy with Ground up so please don't ask!!.

THX

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Sure the whole turn signal switch went south? Most of the time it's only the actuating cam that goes bad. Those are cheaper and easier to replace.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wires on the male end are broken and the black housing looks like it got hot and melted sometime in it's life. I found another male end at the junk yard, but i am going to splice my TSS with the good black housing, did you get all of that.....
Thx

·
Premium Member
13,559 Posts
I would try the Napa store. If you can't find one, post here and I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to the chevy dealer. Looks like chevy changed this connection, and discontinued the old one, the problem with that is that you have to buy a adapter plug.....at the tune of $50.00 doesn't make sense or cents.. I soldered the two turn signal switches wiring together to make one good! the problem now is that the Male connector in the main wiring harness is melted to??? so I am trying to remove it and locate another. not sure how it comes apart. I tried using a small spade screwdriver but I didn't have much luck. If you have a wiring harness with the male end and a good turn signal swt. lets talk. The solering went well and it looks good, But it's still cobbled up,. Thx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts