Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
One wire goes to the turn signal switch. The other wire heads down to the bulkhead connector and to the front signal lamps.
Emergency flashers don't require any extra wires except for the input wire from the can to the turn signal switch.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi John,

Thanks for the answers to my posts and sorry for the "wanted" one - wasn't thinking.

I took the dash out this weekend and I have been very careful to make sure I didn't cut anything before I was sure of the connections, but I got stung by the idiot lights on the right side of the Malibu cluster.

I ASSUMED that there were only 2 blue wires and that they went to the right turn signal with the black wire. I cut the lamp bar off to wire up the custom gauges and when I looked there a 3 light blue wires hanging there.

I think one goes to the oil light but I don't know how to tell which ones of the light blue go to turn signal now.

Any ideas on how to tell them apart ? Could I put power to it to see if it lights up the right turn signal lights ?

Thanks !

Tom

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Light blues or dark blues?? The left lamp is light blue while the right wires are dark blue. Oil idiot light is also dark blue. Is the harness still in the car? Can you pull the plug off the oil sender and measure continuity between that wire and the cut ones in the dash? A couple of clip leads, a long wire, and a meter should do it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks !

I got it figured out. I had to choose between two wires so I touched the blue wire that I KNEW was right (because I used a test light from the black ground to confirm it was blinking)to my first choice of the remining two wires and YES!
I immediately blew the fuse !

Hey, it was 50/50 and at least now I know which one is the right one. It's ALWAYS the other one than the one you pick. :D

Hope this helps someone else.

Tom

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
So rolling a roulette wheel you always pick black instead of red, red coming up. Note to self: Stay away from Tom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts