Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I noticed a few days ago that my turn signals weren't canceling right at times. It seemed to get worse and worse until yesterday they don't cancel at all. Then the turn signals don't flash or light up at all. My brake lights work and my hazard lights work. Is there a turn signal switch that needs replacing? Is my turn signal cam toast.

Thanks much for you help

Corey

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Most of the time if you just replace the actuating cam and the cancel cam, everything works again. Also clean and re-lube the contacts where the wires attach to the switch before installing the actuating cam.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Also look for a couple small springs when you pull off the steering wheel. They are part of the turn signal switch assembly. the spring is largely responsible for cancelling the turn signal and turning it off after you make your turn back. In my 69, they would not cancel. When I looked at my cancel cam and switch, it looked okay. But later when comparing it to a new assembly, I found my springs had broken, fell down the column and disappeared. New springs are available in those HELP packages in cheap auto parts stores. A service manual helps here to understand how this works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts