Chevelles.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. I have a 69 Chevelle. My turn signals stopped working, so I changed both the hazard and turn signal flasher cans(just to be safe). Now only the driver side lights work for both the hazards and the turn signals. I get nothing from the passenger lights. Can anyone shed some light on this matter for me. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
By "nothing" do you mean that there are no lights for the right side at all? Not even lights that are on steady or not blinking? Does the right rear brake light work?

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I said "nothing", I meant that none of the lights flash. They are on, they just don't blink. Yes, the brake lights work.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
OK, I understand a little better. When the hazard flashers are on, the left rear flashes, but the right rear is on but not flashing? It that also correct?

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
That is a little strange. The hazard can uses the same wires as the brake. If the left rear is flashing so should the right. Try this and see if anything changes on the right rear.
Turn the hazard flasher on.
Gain access to the right rear bulb.
With the bulb still installed in the socket:
Touch one end of a jumper wire to the bulb base. Right where the bulb base meets the glass.
Touch the other end of the jumper to a known good ground.
See if that changes anything on the right rear bulb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts