Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed a swapout of the Chevelle sweep dash with the SS dash. Swap went well with no major issues. The one issue that I can't seem to figure out is that the passenger side front ONLY turn signal will not blink. I tried different bulbs, thinking that must be the problem, that didn't work. The tail light on the same side blinks fine. We tried using a circuit tester to find the correct wire going to the light which had a "blinking" circuit. Couldn't find one. It was working prior to the swap. HELP!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Check for bad grounds. Thats usually the problem after a swap like that.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Telling what year helps but I'll assume pre-71. Touch the light bulb with a jumper wire. Put the jumper wire on the bulb base right where it meets the glass. Touch the other end of the jumper wire to a good ground. Does that make the front light start working?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try that to see if it blinks. You are correct in assuming it's pre-71. It's a 1970 Chevelle. I feel good that the install went great but this small issue was pretty frustrating. Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had similar problem with tail light on my 64. Tail light worked, blinker worked but no brake light. Turned out to be in turn signal housing in the steering wheel. metal springs in housing dirty. I just ran knife blade between everything. It's worked fine since

1 - 5 of 5 Posts