Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I just rewired my dash, dome light, and tail lights. Every thing was working great, Until I hooked up the front turn signals. Now my dash lights are dim and flicker, turn sig. indicators in dash are on all the time, and high beam indicator light is on. When I step on the brake pedal the dash lights go out and turn sig. indicators go dim. Any ideas? I check the ground wire and all looks good. I hate wiring, I have no luck with it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Jason 1968 Chevelle.

·
Premium Member
3,921 Posts
You said you checked grounds but your problems sure suggest one or more bad grounds.

Everything worked until you hooked up the front turn signals.

Remove the bulb from one side and see what happens, replace it and remove the other bulb.

I suspect a bad ground in one or both front sockets. Check resistance from the socket to a good ground on the frame.

Verle

·
Registered
18,901 Posts
when this stuff happens, it's always a ground wire- and always the most difficult one to get to- and it always looks good..
in other words, take all the ground wires off, clean, and re connect. also, look at the sockets themselves- one or both of them might have a ground contact that looks like it sat in salt water for a year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts