Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I put the lever in the "right turn" position it returns automatically after the turn. Such is not the case when putting in the "left turn" position, have to bring it back manually.

Is this just some kind of spring and is it easy to get at? What would be involved to fix?

Appreciate it.

------------------
ACES #4241, TC #947
69 SS Sedan
CanAm Chevelle Club

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I have the same problem, I think its called a "cancel cam". You have to remove the steering wheel to get at it.

I'm not sure of the availability of these.

------------------
Rob Mirabile TC #1079, ACES #4387
"If You Don't Drive It-Sell It"

The Ride
The Crew
Showing Off
The Lemans

67 Malibu Conv (always under construction)
64 Lemans Conv, Building for my brother-in-law

·
Registered
961 Posts
I just find it a little strange that it always seems to be the left that brakes and not the right.

Find a new cam and it will be as good as new.

Later
Steve

·
Registered
132 Posts
The part numbers for left and right turn signal cancelling springs are, 1964784 and 1964785. They are less than 25 cents, and any GM dealership can order them by these part numbers if they don't have them in stock.

------------------

·
Registered
132 Posts
WannaRace, The reason the left spring breaks more often than the right is when approaching an intersecion preparing to turn into a left turn lane, a lot of people will hold down on their turn signal lever to keep the turn signal on instead of letting it cancel and having to turn it on again once in the left turn lane. This puts undue stress on the left cancelling spring. Just let it cancel and turn the signal on again and it will last just as long as the right one.
Here at work with 1500 plus GM vehicles to take care of, we install 100 left cancel springs for each 1 right spring we have to replace.

·
Registered
190 Posts
that would explain why the world rotates clockwise,we always have to turn left
these springs are available at part stores in the "help" section just sent some to shai not long ago.JIMK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts