Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I replaced the turn signal switch (but re-used the original actuating cam) and the new one made the lever movement too hard. What should I do? Should I mess with the springs? Did I tighten something too much (I am known to do that...)?

Also, I had to reuse my original actuating cam because the replacement one had different lever angle. The replacement cam made the turn signal lever hit the column cover. Any idea about what actuating cam I have? My '68 Convertible has tilt column, floor shift. It originally had a "cruise control" lever (but no other cruise equipment) for turn signal lever.

Thanks,
Theo.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody had hard turn signal lever movement before???

Anyone???

Theo.

·
Super Moderator
970 Posts
I had that problem..sort of. On my El Camino when I got it was obvious that something was wrong with the turn signal cam. It was and would not spring back. When I took it apart there is a place that the assembly fits into and is used as the pivot point. Well the person that had replaced it last had jammed it in and caused a bit of plastic to overlap making it really hard to use. So for what it is worth take it back apart and make sure you put it together right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.