Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My el camino has finally caught one of the many infamous Chevy diseases, this one being the un-cancelling left hand turn signal..

Without going through the trouble of tearing down the steering column to see what was really the matter, I ordered the turn signal cancelling cam from year one (had to order some other stuff anyways) well it turns out that that isnt what I need even though it is slightly cracked. BTW i dont want to get too off topic but the part is called "turn signal cancelling cam" well its not even really the cam that cancels the turn signal its the part thats around the cam that the switch level screws to. why is that?

anyways what I need is one of the springs that clips on to the supposed "turn signal cancelling cam"... the cam hits the spring when the steering wheel is turned in the right direction and turns off the blinker.. if the cam is turning in the other direction, the spring will bend, allowing the cam to go by it w/o affecting the signal..

Well now that my short story got long, I need to know if anybody knows where I can get that small peice? Id rather not go rummaging through junk yards disassembling steering columns (one is more than enough)

Thanks and if anyone has phone numbers, part numbers, and/or suppliers please let me know--thanks

Mike Reeh

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mike,

Check with you local Chevy dealer. I just bought the two cancel springs for my '71 about a month ago - they were less than a dollar each. The same spring must be used in later model vehicle because the dealership had them in stock.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the same problem.
Call Modern Chevrolet (1-800-722-4828) and order part # 3124GM (LH cancel spring). Costs
37 cents. They have it in stock. Of course with shipping it'll be cheaper to try to get it locally unless you order other stuff. Ask for their Chevelle restoration catalog.
Yuri

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
Mike, you might also try the "HELP" section in your local "PEP BOYS" or some other DIY store.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Had same problem on 69 SS chevelle, went to pep boys got everything needed for fix.

------------------
BILL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.