Chevelles.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I'm working on my turnsiginal switch in my 64. I looked in catalog and it shows two switches for a 64. One stamped guide and another stamped BPC ?? where do I find out which of these I need and are they interchangeable??(about $20 price difference) And holy smoke no one around here has one. Any help would be appreciated...

Brian

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anywhere specific to look? On the back of my lower column piece that the switch screws to I think is stamped "guide" in fancy script but not positive that is what it says?? Help.......

Brian

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Guide is all plastic and has two separate 4 pin connectors on the wire harness. The BPC has metal in the center and has a single row 8 pin connector. Here is a link to Delco where they have photo of each if you click on the part number. The catalog only goes back to 66 so use 66 Chevelle as vehicle. Same part for 64-66 without tilt wheel.
http://www.acdelco.com/html/catalog/index_auto.htm

Rene
66_Malibu

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok try this for a loop... It has the plastic like the guide and plug on the back (where wires meet signal switch from wire group) like a guide but the harness plug like the BPC....hmmmmm

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
When you take the steering wheel off and look at the switch, it will stare you in the face, BPC, or Guide, remember the BPC looks like all plastic from the front but has a metal base. I just replaced mine and was a little confused my self. If you go to the link that Rene posted, you should have no problem deciding what you need.

Rocky

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Brian
I question it too now that I study the end plugs. It does not make sense to have 2 different ends which would require 2 different wire harnesses.
I would go by if the back has metal or all plastic maybe the guide part photo is the wrong application?
There is a guide all plastic with the same 8 pin end plug D6203 (shown for Chevy II). Look at that photo maybe Delco screwed up in the catalog.
Sorry for the confusion

Rene

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok guys after countless hours hopping from parts store to parts store nither of the acdelco switches will work. Although the guys at year one are great. The tech informed me in 64 the was guide and bpc which i already knew, but guide is white (now yellow) and BPC is blue or pink plastic... Take it for what it worth. I'm going to a big A body yard tonight or tomrrow I'll let you know what I find...

Brian

·
Registered
180 Posts
Do you have floor console or column shifter? The BPC Switch has a light bulb socket on it. I ordered the wrong switch(BPC). It wouldnt fit into the column because of the light. If you have a floor shifter get the Guide switch.

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
I just replaced my BPC turn signal switch in my 66SS 4speed about three months ago, and they don't have light bulb sockets in them!
Just call and ask for James Hinshaw at Hinshaws Chevelle parts,(336)586-0802 talk to him, he will help you with what you need.

Rocky

·
Registered
180 Posts
I didnt mean to mislead you. The BPC switch I purchased from thepartsplace.com came with a light as part of the switch assy. I would listen to the team members here though. They are alot more knowledgable than me.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well I finally got my brake lights to work. So hand signals for now...lol I called year one last week guys were really awesome. I described the switch and the guy told me you have a guide?? but ( i also called OPGI and the guy on the phone said I dont know what to tell you it should be stamped on it...lol, I laughed and hung up... So Ill order a guide one of these days at $86?? little pricy... But I found a tilt column in steel for $300 complete.. so Im not sure so if anyone has a guide they want to get rid of let me know ...lol

Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts