Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son just bought a 1970 Chevy Malibu 2dr coupe. The turn signals light but they don't flash. Pep Boys told me it was a wiring harness but could there also be a turn signal box in the 1970's. If so where would it be?

Thanks for helping.

·
Registered
358 Posts
sounds like you have a bad blinker fuse.. check under the dash, you'll see a fuse about as big around as a quarter about an inch long. replace it..only a couple bucks..there are two of them . one for the blinkers, one for the hazards.. might as well replace them both while your under there..

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
To expand....the flasher unit for the 4 way hazards is mounted ON the fuse block. The directional flasher, SHOULD be mounted in a clip on top of the steering column. Check in the vicinity of the neutral safety switch for the unit. Same appearance as the 4 way hazard flasher.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry one more question. Where on top of the steering column is it? Do I need to take the column apart?

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts
The flasher is a little round can that plugs into a spring clip retainer. It just pulls out--no tools are required.

·
Registered
196 Posts
You might also want to check the ground on the light plug itself

1 - 11 of 11 Posts