Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first to post here and you know us newbies! Have 81 Z that is giving me fits, hope you all dont hold it against me that its no a chevelle post.

Right turns signals work fine, left wont work at all. Fuse is fine.

When I hit flashers all lights (left and right and both front and rears) work for one flash, maybe two and on the next blow the fuse.

Put new fuse in and once again right signals work, left wont. Hit flasher and pop fuse.

Have replaced all the bulbs and did not help. Have checked grounds that are obvious and easy to get to, and seem to be ok.

Car does have tilt and needs kit to take out the play (slop). Could something be shorting out in column with the emergency flashers? At this point that is all I can figure. If I were to pull wheel off, where should I start?

I would appreciate any and all advice on this one! Thanks in advance for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Sounds like one of the wires are shorted or pinched somewhere. I'd start by visually looking at all the wiring going to the left side lights.

Did you do any work just prior to this happening? If so, check there first. I pinched my wire harness in a bumper bracket once on my truck. (stupid!) Ended up frying some of the wires over that one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, nothing outside of tuning under the hood. Was driving it one Saturday (lights were working) and then blew fuse. Has ever since.

Will do visual of all the wiring I can get to. Any secrects, test voltage ect., to find where short is if there is one?

Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts