Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rebuilt turbo400 shifts through all 3 gears by the time I get to 20 mph. The vacuum modulator on the tranny is connected to manifold vacuum since the carb does not have an extra port for it. Is this the problem or maybe the modulator. Not sure where to start.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alan

Are you talking about turning the screw inside the metal tube? I've heard that doing this only makes the shift firmer not really solving the problem. Have you ever done this and what was your results.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Adjusting the modulator is the correct procedure for this problem. It will delay the shift - but firmer shifts are a result of a delayed shift. The shifts will not get "harsh". I would start by turning the modulator in (clockwise) two full turns. I have always done this to get the shift delay I desire.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ive also read that there are some modifications that can be done to the governor that will delay shifts. The modulator adjustments will change part throttle shifts but on slow rpm building shifts-it wont change these much or if any. I believe if material is removed from governor weights,this causes delay.Think either Jegs or Summit sells kits with different springs/weights(like a dist recurve kit)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.