Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you look at the pics I have posted this is from my turbo 350. http://new.photos.yahoo.com/[email protected]/ If you notice in the upper right hand corner of the pics, there is a line that is pinched off. Could someone tell me what goes here. The gentleman that I bought the car from has done some pretty scarry things to it, and I don't know what should go here. I also have a problem that some where along the lines the previous owner put in a hurst slapstick type shifter that you are only able to shift the car in a manual type way. If you put the car into 3rd gear, it starts in third gear. Someone had suggested a shift modulator or something like that. Does this pinched off line have anything to do with that? Thanks for help

Hovs SS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry i couldn't get your pictures but if the line to your vacuum modulator is pinched it definitely won't shift properly.Whether this will make it take off it top gear i couldn't tell you.Hope this may help.Cheers Jim.:beers:
Another thing is it could possibly have a manual valve body which would mean it runs in the gear the shifter indicates.Good luck.Jim.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
That is the kick down cable. You should get a new cable & will need a bracket to mount it to by the carb & hopefully you have a place on the carb to hook it up. I don't know how it hurts the trans without the cable but I have read that it will shorten the life of the trans. You will need to drop the trans pan to install the cable (good time for a new filter). There should be an arm with a small rod that the cable hooks to inside the trans. I found the same thing when I bought my 67 Chevelle that had a 427 in it. I haven't gotten the car on the road yet & I used the trans in another car. I will have to do the same thing to get a TH350 hooked up unless I use the 350 motor I have in the corner. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts