Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I just want to say thanks to this site and its users,I have used it alot in building my '66.Now once again I need some more advice,I have recently put a stock '78 400sb out of a truck and needed a carb so I bought a used tunnelram,the guy said the carbs were 600's hollys,I'm running with 1 now but really love the look of a tunnel ram.My question is, what do I have to do, to my engine to make this tunnel ram work on it? Can I get away with just putting a cam in or do I have to get the motor built?Also I heard the stock hei dist.won't fit what do I do for that? Any advice is greatly appricated,and once again THANKS!!checkmy car at http:members.cardomain.com/4speed66

·
Premium Member
19,935 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I run one on my 454 with a MSD and have no problem. If I were you I think I would switch to a pair of 450's.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I didn't realize this post went through and just posted the same question in perf.so i should be ok with just putting a cam that matches it? also what about the fuel pump,is the stock one ok? or should i go with an electric one,also is there #'s I can check for on the carbs to see for sure what size they are?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts