Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I presently have a 34 chev (5) window, 360 sbc, je pistons, 10.8/1, comp cam, springs and lifters (292H cam), roller rockers, stud girdles, 292 double hump heads with massive polish and porting, (3) angel value, etc. Engine built by Kenny Boyd Racing. In addition, 3500 stall, 350 trans, and 516 rearend gearing. To maintain the "old school" look I installed a High Rise tunnel ram (2) x (4) setup and Joe Hunt Mag distributor. Question? Even though the car runs very strong I'm thinking I'm giving up allot of low end performance not running a single (4) barrel setup (Holly or Demon) and MSD distributor. My concern is that may be spending allot of money and not seeing much low end difference. My goal is to improve low end "seat of your pants" performance. Any thoughts on the subject would be appreciated. (also, if you think the new intake would be worth it, any intake/carb suggestions?). Thanks so much for the time.......

·
Premium Member
18,229 Posts
Dan, precisely which intake? There are tunnels that work the midrange really well.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
is this a strip or street car??

with that gear i wouldnt think you spend much time under 3000rpm...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts