Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I have tryed to find and compare my 396 dyno resaults with others but i come up short. I find a ton of info on the Lunati 60202 but no real numbers. What i am interested in is where does it peak torque and how much also peak hp and how much. I know there are ALOT of variables but at the moment i only find my dyno numbers here ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so no one to compare with.
Where should peak torque & hp be with this cam in a 10:1 396 with large closed ovalports and full length headers ?

·
Premium Member
9,025 Posts
Alex you have waited a year ??? without an answer, how's about posting your dyno results and maybe someone can help you that way.From one 396 to another 396 there may be too many difference's to consider.You should also post your combination of parts that you used in the build up of the 396 and see if that helps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm going to chassis dyno this year with the 70 chevelle. Also a 396 with the Lunati 60202 camshaft in it. I don't know any numbers. Later this year I do.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the answer. i think i will take another trip to the chassis dyno this year and hopefully getting controll on the valves will help:)
looking forward to hearing from you in the spring/summer :)

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Hi guys. I have tryed to find and compare my 396 dyno resaults with others but i come up short. I find a ton of info on the Lunati 60202 but no real numbers. What i am interested in is where does it peak torque and how much also peak hp and how much. I know there are ALOT of variables but at the moment i only find my dyno numbers here ?
410 HP and 462 TQ

according to a thread right here on this forum using the same cam

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/13-performance/149233-dyno-results-thanks-help.html

Using proper springs make all the difference, did you ever get new springs?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I also have that cam in a 396+.060 with 063 heads (oval port, about 100cc) but I have not had it on a dyno.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hehe yes i got new springs. I went with the comp 911 due to they where available over the counter here in norway for a ok price and i still havt checked if i stressed my lunati springs so they are in a box?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts