Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm helping a friend restore a 72 Chevelle. It had no trunk tension rods, he picked up a pair off of ebay, I beieve he said the were from a 70-72 Lemans.

1. Will these work on his 72 Chevelle? If not what years/models will?

2. How in the heck do these things go in?

If anyone has any pictures or links to websites it would be deeply appricited.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
I just took a half a dozen for you, the bride is on it right now, give me (her) about a half hour, give or take a few minutes. This is a 1969 chevelle.

Rob

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
On my web site, under trunk torsion bar. Hope this works out, I'll be back on here in a couple of hours, we can go to plan two on this if we have to.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
I was missing one rod myself. A friend from Penn. sent me 2. I figured which one of the 2 I needed and studied how the other one was installed. And it popped in so easy I couldn't believe it after all I have heard about how hard they are to remove and install. BUT, thought I would try to remove the original one, gave up.
Nothing better than to look at another car to be sure of install

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
Shes lucky that I let her go to the store and get the groceries and cook for me, I'm still not convinced I'm wrong.

You youngsters on here think differently then us older guys, as far as computers.

I usually tell her if anything happens to her, I'll be taken applications for a new one, probably get a couple young ones, 18 or 19 to wait on me, ones with good jobs and plenty of stamina to cook and clean and whatever.

When they get done with there regular routine, I could get them out in the garage, sanding on this car. Some tall skinny long legged blondes, they could reach the top of the car.

Yeah, the more i think about this, the more I like it.

I better tell her to tighten up this picture deal, or there might be some personnel changes around here.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts