Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 70 conv that I would like to add a factory remote trunk opener and a trunk light. Has anyone here done either or both to their 70-72? Any comments? I have located what I believe to be the plug for the trunk light in the trunk, but haven't found any additional wiring in the trunk for the opener.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
The trunk light wire goes through the lid structure and plugs into the junction where the rear light harness plugs in. I believe there is a mercury switch in the housing because there is no jam switch to activate it. They arent hard to find, but its a bear trying to snake the wire through the trunk!

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
55 chevy prostreet

·
Registered
126 Posts
The plug is in the trunk for the trunk light, I think its a orange wire on the drivers side, all you need is the light kit, it is a challenge fishing the wire down the trunk lid. As for the trunk opener, none of its wiring is there, you have a switch mounted in the glovebox, a power wire runs to the fuseblock, then a single black wire runs under the carpet on the passenger side, it enters the trunk behide the rear seat, clips to the hinge, then runs to the latch much the same way the light does. The Orginal switch is kinda hard to find, but the replacement switch works fine, it just looks wrong. As for a lock, they are pretty easy to find, alot of late 60's & early 70's GM car's have them, Buick and Olds will fit as long as the latch is in the trunk lid. Just compare them to the manual one, it looks the same except for the solinod on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.