Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a 70 chevelle have a question about the trunk divider, their is a cardboard divider in mine, is their also supposed to be a fabric material type divider their too? mine did not have one and another 70 I have also does not but I have been told it should but I can find no factory evidence that it should, any body know? thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
i didnt have a divider on mine buy the ones ive seen are all cardboard type material. but carpeting the backside might look better

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am in the process of replacing my trunk divider also. I have only been able to find one's that are made of black cardboard. There is also an insulation pad that goes between the cardboard divider and the rear seat to help deaden sound. Does anyone know if this divider is supposed to be installed behind the rear seat or does it cover the springs in the trunk?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've installed a trunk divider board and insulation jute on my 70SS. I can not say what is "correct" but I can tell you what I've discovered.

It appears that the board/jute install inside the cab between the rear seat back and sheet metal of the body. It made sense to install the jute against the sheet metal, then the board, then the seat. The board and jute come with perf-out notches that correspond to the hangers for the seat back.

Using 3M trim adhesive I bonded the jute and board together. I did this because I wasn't satisfied that the pressure of the seat back on the board would keep the jute from sliding around. This way the board and jute suspend as a unit from the seat back hangers.

Again, I don't know if this is "correct" but it seems like the most logical and realistic thing to do.

[This message has been edited by michael j (edited 03-01-99).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.